Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donation Benefits

+2
Nosferatoon
lanuk
6 posters

Go down

Donation Benefits Empty Donation Benefits

Post by lanuk Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 pm

I just read over the donation benefits, and I understand how you would like to reward people for donating, but isn't giving people special commands a bit too much in a PvP server? I mean, people that can actually spend the money can use the jump command to jump all over giving them a huge advantage. Some people cannot donate in any possible way, so is this really alright? I sort of understand the iron tools and all, but is it really necessary to give people commands? I suggest a vote for this. I might donate if I actually stay on this server for over a week or two and feel it necessary, but I still think receiving things like commands is kind of "cheap". To be honest I wouldn't accept anything. I am donating so the server I play on can run better, not paying for tools or commands.

I hope you all consider this! Thanks for listening!

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Donation Benefits Empty Re: Donation Benefits

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:43 pm

I think you need an incentive to donate, iron tools are easily got and a jump command is something more special, it really doesn't have that far a range and doesn't make that much of a difference.
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by ChunkyTest Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Plus, if you have enough time to type /jumpto... it's really not much of a battle, the other person would either be far away already anyways or suck really bad at PvPing. That's actually quite a bit less unfair than /warp and /home. At least with /jumpto you aren't completely disappearing to 1000 blocks away 100% safe in a PvP-disabled town.

ChunkyTest

Back to top Go down

Post by Think Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:07 am

Basically, we need an incentive for people to donate. You may be willing to donate to support the server, but other people may donate because they want the donation benefits.

We were going to give donators the /tpa command, but felt that would be too much. We compromised with the /jump command. Players can only 'jump' a fairly short distance.

The fact is that, if we made it so that donators didn't get a benefit for donating, very few people would donate. By having benefits, we're increasing our chances of people donating which is increasing the chances of the server staying up.

We could hold a vote on it, but I think it'd be a bit unfair on those who donated to have non-donators vote on what they should or shouldn't have. People who aren't donators and have no intention to donate will want donators to get as little a benefit as possible. I don't think a vote would be particularly reliable. We can hold one to get an idea of what people think of it, but I don't think this should be a democratic decision. I think that, because it relates to donations and the maintenance of the server, the ultimate decision should be up to the owners. We're more than willing to hear people's opinions on the matter, and that may sway our decision.

One thing that won't happen is that, people who have already donated and got the /jump command won't have it taken from them. They donated under the conditions that they would get that command and that is what they'll get.
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:56 am

What he said ^
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:41 am

Mmk, I will not argue further. At least you guys don't give people tp commands like other servers. Just keep this in mind:

Donation - A gift or disposition of property, money, or a service for which no payment, or an inadequate payment is received.

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 am

We appreciate your thoughts as we like our players to be active on the forums as well as in game. We will keep in mind how you feel about donation benefits Smile
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Donation Benefits Donati12

... and this is why I dislike donation benefits... even the green names Razz (They are fighting)

Earlier the dude was going on about his green name... not that that is bad or anything

And also there was something mentioned about x-ray hacks above that? Check your log file Razz

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:53 pm

I talked to him about X-Ray hacks, tried the pack, got confused as f-ck and deleted it. I didn't get anything but stone from it. Donor's green names are for bragging rights. I donated on Octavian for bragging rights and to stand out. I may donate on this server if I can stay on it long enough... avoiding fights on the forum... /:

Last edited by The_Valken on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up lanuk. I think that I will just point out, that if a person wishes to brag about being a donator then it is up to them, we can't really take them up on it unless they are being a massive bell end about it.

To be honest though as thinking has already said generally people won't donate unless they have incentives- without donations the server wouldn't be up and running.

I do not feel that there should be this sort of controversy surrounding the 'donator status'. People should be thankful for the donators and should not be actively dissing them. This is not at all to stay that this makes normal players 'second rate citizens', we are very grateful that the server has become this popular, but we are very grateful for the donations.

On a side note if we catch anyone else using x-ray texture packs or any mods which affect the gameplay they will be banned on the spot. I've given out enough warnings already. This is unfair to other players no matter how you look at it.

On another side note. Calm down people haha. It seems like there's drama here everyday, its just a game guys, so take a chill and have some fun Smile
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Think Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:24 am

I'll check the logs and read the whole conversation. If it's deemed that Nos was being a douche end about being a donator then we'll call him up on it. Otherwise, there's nothing we can do. If that's how someone wants to act then we can't really stop them. You should just take it into account that one person bragging does not spoil the entire concept of donating and donation benefits. To be honest, Nos if the first person I've heard about bragging because of their donator status.

We speak to Nos regularly and, although he likes to dabble in the trolling ever so slightly, I know he donated because he wanted to help the server. Sure, the benefits are a nice return for donating, but it doesn't negate his reasons for donating. Nos has built up this reputation and I'm sure that if he decides to rectify it, he will. He certainly does his bit and helped us when we were setting the server up. Discovering that the server can handle 4,000 blocks of TNT exploding but can't handle 11,000 blocks exploding is valuable information Very Happy

Anyway, enough about Nos. We talk about that PRICK too much here Cool
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:14 am

In my defense;

People were asking about my green name so I said "I DONATED YO" or something similar. Not at one point did I act better then anyone or do anything of the sort

That whole screenshot stemmed from Swany saying I was an asshole and didnt donate to keep the server up but so I could brag and abuse everyone, in which I made that comment sarcastically and it has been totally taken out of context.

Im disappointed at everyones sarcasm-ometer, and I think this whole thing is bullshit anyway.

I donate BECAUSE i want to keep the server going, I always intended on donating and if donating means "I have too much money to throw away" Then I suppose giving the rest of the dosh in my PayPal to the server means that im obivously rolling knee deep in money

I Donated ENTIRELY for keep the server up, I dont honestly care about getting some Iron or Diamonds, I have all the gear I want on the server - and I will intend to donate on a monthly basis instead of one off. And if I did brag saying HAHA I DONATED, then why would it annoy you? You should be happy that people are putting money into the server and keep it up, rather then saying "You waste your money and donating is stupid".

Is that the attitude that some players on the server have? that they are ignorant and expect everything for free.
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Think Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:28 am

Sounds fair enough Nos. As far as I'm concerned it's over now. The only reason we'd pull someone for bragging about donating is if they started insulting players who hadn't donated or something like that. You didn't do that, so it's not an issue.

DONE DONE DONE
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down