Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village of Albion

+2
gangreen88
cwright71
6 posters

Go down

The Village of Albion Empty The Village of Albion

Post by cwright71 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Since Gangreen MOST DEFINANTLY IS the type to micro manage a forum thread, I'll start it off.

Mayor: Gangreen88

Location: Jump off the spawn ship into the water, and follow it to the opposite shore. Follow it and you're there! Simple, no?

Plots and Prices: Small-9x7:300 Large-10x10:500

Size (In relation to other towns): Relative Medium. We are expanding, however!

What We Have That Other Towns Don't: We generally are the starting town with our close location to spawn and our cheap plots. We house two redstone geniouses, and a newb-friendly community. With frequent admin visits, and a great community, you can always get support from someone!

What Other Towns Have That We Don't:We generally keep surface buildings small! So those that can't keep from having huge surface buildings, sorry, we aren't for you.

Getting Started: While anyone can get you accosted, in order to build in the town, you need Gangreen88 to invite you. He isn't on? FEAR NOT! I have set up an apartment system where you can stay under in one of my town linked 'wilderness tunnels' and branch off into your own homeuntil you recieve an invite. Simly ask me in-game, and if I'm not on, I'll have no door on my home, so just go down the hole and build once chat says 'WILDERNESS'!'

Time Zone: Generally on around 7:00AM to 11-12:00AM CST, with prime being around Noon-3:00 CST!

-Regards,
Cwright71

Last edited by cwright71 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
cwright71
cwright71

Back to top Go down

The Village of Albion Empty Re: The Village of Albion

Post by gangreen88 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Consultation on this would have been nice but most of it seems generaly accurate. We are a verry friendly town and since the town is growing fast its a perfect place for newbs (not noobs).

At the moment the way from spawn is a little frustrating since it requires a swim through the ocean from spawn but hopefully this issue should get sorted out with connection to some kind of minecart system.

The plot sizes here are slightly miss-quathed, our small plots are infact 7x9 rather than 9x9. We apretiate that this is quite small indeed and as a result the prices are exceedingly low. Its regretable that the plots couldnt be free but as we expand we need the money to buy more chunks and provide more town benefits.

The small size of surface buildings is something that I think may not negativeley effect the town. Small buildings encourage people to spend more time outside their houses meaning as a community the town is extremeley liveley. It also helps make the town seem unclutered and less daunting than towns that promote larger buildings.

And thats it really, the town in a nutshell, although, i am going to have to check out this tunel for myself. :p

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

Post by cwright71 Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Edited the fails out of it, and now the original post contains over 9000% more accuracy, and by all means Gang, check away. There certainly aren't any TRAPS! =D

PS: I got some iron. Minecart system is now possible. =D
cwright71
cwright71

Back to top Go down

Post by gangreen88 Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:24 am

Thanks, but the admins have agreed that they will world edit the tunels for minecart systems and spawn in the tracks (I think Razz) so your iron is all yours.

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

The Village of Albion Empty Joining!!

Post by Dingley Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:23 am

I'm very interested in joining Albion, i'll be on tomorrow hopefully the mayor will be too =D
Dingley
Dingley

https://thenewworld.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gangreen88 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:31 am

Ill be on as soon as the server is up and unless we get a new map ill be happy to have you. if there is a new map i'd still like to set up a small community of Albion members but when we know how the update will work we can iron that out. Very Happy

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingley Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:57 am

i'll be on tommorow mate =D
Dingley
Dingley

https://thenewworld.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Tip for Albion: Claim around your town to prevent people from creating lava pools that surround your base and entrance. If none of you were on, Nos was making a nice little lava pool for you guys preventing anyone from entering... until he fell into lava and I shot him with my bow Razz

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm

lanuk wrote:Tip for Albion: Claim around your town to prevent people from creating lava pools that surround your base and entrance. If none of you were on, Nos was making a nice little lava pool for you guys preventing anyone from entering... until he fell into lava and I shot him with my bow Razz

besides from the fact that the server was getting a new map and i killed you and fell in the lava?

that was a really pointless thing to say there to be honest, it doesnt affect anything and if you must know i dug that ditch out to get my excavation up to 350 and had just been educated in grid flooding stuff and lava flow has been disabled now
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:02 pm

lol rage nos
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Nosferatoon wrote:
lanuk wrote:Tip for Albion: Claim around your town to prevent people from creating lava pools that surround your base and entrance. If none of you were on, Nos was making a nice little lava pool for you guys preventing anyone from entering... until he fell into lava and I shot him with my bow Razz

besides from the fact that the server was getting a new map and i killed you and fell in the lava?

that was a really pointless thing to say there to be honest, it doesnt affect anything and if you must know i dug that ditch out to get my excavation up to 350 and had just been educated in grid flooding stuff and lava flow has been disabled now

Really pointless to say? I was warning them to protect their borders in the future server... sorry if you misunderstood.

And err.. besides what fact? What in the world does you killing me as well have to do with you trying to set up an annoying lava pool :p

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by gangreen88 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Nos got called out for being caught trolling :p

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 pm

its hardly trolling, it was griefing Razz
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh? So you admit to griefing after arguing about how the land was unclaimed so much Razz

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 pm

well yeah cause i was griefing the wildy
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Nosferatoon wrote:well yeah cause i was griefing the wildy

I thought you were making a pretty lava pool Surprised