Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Chat?

+2
cwright71
lanuk
6 posters

Go down

Server Chat? Empty Server Chat?

Post by lanuk Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Since we are all bored waiting for the server to come back, filling the forums with useless spam, I would like to suggest maybe a chat we could either have embedded in the forums, or a link to. Chatango is probably the most famous chatbox thing ever. You can create one, and you will automatically have your own link to it (if you didn't already know about this). You can also specify chat admins/mods to moderate the chat. It is really cool. Not only can you hand out the link, but you can embed it in your forums or whatever. This is really easy to do, I would be willing to do it myself! It would reduce spam and give players something to do. Also, asking things might be easier. Even if admins don't come on it, we can have it as some entertainment chat while the server is down and all. What do you guys say :3

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Server Chat? Empty Re: Server Chat?

Post by cwright71 Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Aye aye cap'tain!

ALL ABOURD THE WINBOAT!
cwright71
cwright71

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarDaddySteve Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 pm

It sounds good to me. Make it happen cap'n.

SugarDaddySteve

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Captain?.. are you guys trying to make fun of me or somethin Razz

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarDaddySteve Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:42 pm

No, that was a line from some movie or tv show (make it happen cap'n)

SugarDaddySteve

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Oh Razz

Well, out of eagerness and boredom I decided to go ahead and make an unofficial chat we can chat on for now XD

If you feel the urge to chat, click this link! I like the embedded version a lot better though.

http://Unofficialdownchat.chatango.com

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Think Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 am

What we might do what was on the last server we played on. There was an IRC channel for the server which was then connected to the server chat. That way, whatever was said on IRC would show up on the server. It would let people who couldn't get on tell us easily, and would be a good way to chat if the server went down.

What do you think about that?
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarDaddySteve Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:07 am

thinkingphrase wrote:What we might do what was on the last server we played on. There was an IRC channel for the server which was then connected to the server chat. That way, whatever was said on IRC would show up on the server. It would let people who couldn't get on tell us easily, and would be a good way to chat if the server went down.

What do you think about that?

Great idea.

SugarDaddySteve

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 am

Good idea, but I have no idea how to use IRC or what IRC even is Razz

Oh, would it create any lag though? I know there is a difference between these two, but in my old server we had a dynamic map which people could chat on that made tons of block lag.

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 pm

lanuk wrote:Good idea, but I have no idea how to use IRC or what IRC even is Razz

Oh, would it create any lag though? I know there is a difference between these two, but in my old server we had a dynamic map which people could chat on that made tons of block lag.

IRC is just a chatroom.
I didn't see any lag on it on the last server, it was very convenient.

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:36 pm

lanuk wrote:Good idea, but I have no idea how to use IRC or what IRC even is Razz

an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is basically a generic chat room, you can then use whatever client you want to connect to one (for example i use mIRC) and you can even connect to it through a web client so there is no reason to download software

I think this is good idea because it means you can also keep up with whats happening on the server without being on and it provides logs for the admins incase anyone is abusing each other in the chat or whatever
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down