Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP server?

+3
The_Valken
Nosferatoon
gangreen88
7 posters

Go down

PvP server? Empty PvP server?

Post by gangreen88 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:46 am

Lots of people have refered to this as a PvP server on the forum recently and I was just wondering what everyone thinks this means.

A PvP server could be quite a lot of things as i see it, competative fighting to attain highest server rank, groups of people who are constantly at war with each other, or just indescriminate chaos (or something completeley different).

So when you call this a PvP server, what does that mean to you?

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

PvP server? Empty Re: PvP server?

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 pm

gangreen88 wrote:Lots of people have refered to this as a PvP server on the forum recently and I was just wondering what everyone thinks this means.

A PvP server could be quite a lot of things as i see it, competative fighting to attain highest server rank, groups of people who are constantly at war with each other, or just indescriminate chaos (or something completeley different).

So when you call this a PvP server, what does that mean to you?

To me PvP means that you can fight and kill each other.

But this server isn't what I consider "True" PvP as there are certain areas you cant fight in and stuff is still protected. I think its more of a hybrid PvP, you could have a peaceful builder in your town but you still need PvP to defend the town otherwise it will get messed up. True PvP servers arent really fun because people just camp spawns and kill noobs with diamond swords, I like having protected area but I think having PvP on makes the server generally more interesting
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by gangreen88 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Nos, out of intrest, did you thinkt hat if you didnt quote the only post int he topic people might think you were refering to a different post, one of the other posts int his topic, possibly one about something completely different?

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I think when people quote like that its out of habit, I usually only quote one line and correct/answer it if its the only post.
Also, I believe the PvP in a game makes it more interesting, because some people only mine to get iron and diamond for weapons and swords to kill people... But then again others dislike PvP in that manner as they have a hard time safely collecting in the wilderness. Just because its called a PvP server doesn't mean its all out PvP it just means its available to the willing.. I think it would be nice if we could add player to player truces so we can't kill each other in the wilderness.

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Not to mention, when you posted, there was only one other post, not 50 pages worth of them.

Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:03 pm

To me, PvP simply means a place where people can kill each other. It doesn't matter to me how much or on what circumstances fighting will occur.

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

its out of habit I guess that I quote stuff, shows a response.
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by shivershanks Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:07 am

PvP server means exactly what you said, competitive PvP, but alot of people dont get what that means or try to get around that fact. It is a faction server which inevitably results in pvp as much as people like to deny it. It is what attracts us hardcore pvp addicts to stay and make the server fun.

PvP rules seems to be unclear right now at times and broken according to convenience and self benefit.

-True pvp means enforcing the no combat warping rule which is abused to no end, and when asked even one of the admins suggested thats a perfectly fine thing to do.....[ the fact that /home has a 5 sec cool down is nice but this should be applied to /f home as well]

-Do not save home inside someones faction / protection walls just to warp back in and keep killing them. [again broken quite often]

-Do not spawn camp [ Meaning you are actually in the spawn area and can directly attack ur enemies the second they respawn, again I have seen this being abused on my first day on the server]

PvP would be much more fun if basic pvp conduct is explained to a more clear note, and failure to follow common proper pvp conduct will be met with proper punishments.

* just to add this isn't directed to anyone in particular but Hardcore pvp does not mean griefing as many people assume, Hardcore pvp to be exact means Hardcore "P v P" not "Hardcore Grief your shit". It is and should be a fair player vs. player environment without loopholes to cheat your way out of a fair competition. Having faction there is good thing too having a place to breath and rest, but the factions safety completely relies on your own ability to defend it, in the end pvp can take place in almost anywhere in the world besides the main Spawn, which defines this as true pvp server not a half-a**ed one like it was described by an earlier post.

shivershanks
shivershanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:59 am

if you see rules being broken, feel free to report them but you cant change the /f home time otherwise we would have already and spawncamping definatly isnt allowed, if it happens report it and someone will deal with it
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by [_Tj_] Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Shiver - I quite like the idea of putting a 5sec time on /f home, obviously means people who get themselves in to a fight can't just flee. But with people /homing into your faction land? When this happens, the best thing to do is to whisper an admin/owner, without blasting it out in global chat for everyone to know. This way we can follow them around without them even knowing, meaning we can easily see where their /home really is, and we will be able to put a stop to it much quicker. Otherwise, the moment you say "Oh this guys /homing inside our spawn", he will stop, and get away with it. Spawn camping is a tough thing to stop, as many factions have previously put their faction spawn either in the open, or in the area which attackers are coming from, however when we see people being repeatedly killed, we always go check it out (assuming we are online). I agree with you, PvP should have a set of distinct rules, which you MUST follow, and failing to do so will result in some form of punishment.

I will talk to think and awesome about putting up more define PvP rules,

Tj
[_Tj_]
[_Tj_]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down