Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators

+31
NoLagJustFrag
SoundStructure
SwanyZOMG
Zonion
rex147
skullgunner1
RandallDeezy
Rijor Aiedail
Whisperduke
JollyRoger420
Kango
Bike Man
EvilByProxy
shivershanks
Kruidenzout
Orphanix
RedFollower68
Publicbrutality
Valestrum
Komain72
Windssoul
san_sama
Nosferatoon
Cragsandyman
Dingley
[_Tj_]
gangreen88
Jigsawjohn
The_Valken
Death
awesom03
35 posters

:: Lobby :: Applications

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators

Post by awesom03 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Hello everyone!

Important bit of news here!

We are looking for administrators and moderators for the server and the forum! If you feel like you want to help the server even more than just by playing on it and that you have the necessary skills and requirements, then you're very welcome to go ahead and post an application for us xD

Okay we've got a number of different positions we currently need filled. At the moment we are looking for:
A) 1 In Game Admin
B) 1 Plugin Admin
C) 1 Forum + IRC Admin
D) 2 In Game Mods
E) 2 Forum Mods

A) For an In Game Administrator you'll be expected to make sure that the mods are doing as they should, to make sure that everyone follows the rules, dealing with anyone who has broken the rules, as well as being able to rectify any damage. On top of this, you'll be expected to be completely neutral in game and be completely unbiased in complicated situations. You will also be expected to understand the rules word for word and will understand what needs to be addressed with the owners and what does not. You will also have to have a deal of common sense.

If this is what you want to apply for type In Game Administrator in 'What position are you applying for?:'

B) For a Plugin Administrator you will be expected to maintain the servers plugins, and to help fix anything that goes wrong with them. As well as that you will be expected to help configure the files as well.

If this is what you want to apply for type Plugin Administrator in 'What position are you applying for?:'

C) For a Forum + IRC Administrator you will need to be able to access the forums and our IRC channel often and will need to help us, the owners, type up any news and/or server changes. On top of this you will need to have a great deal of common sense and courtesy and understand basic HTML and BBCode. As well as making sure that no one is breaking any forum rules. You will also be expected to whitelist players as well.

If this is what you want to apply for type Forum + IRC channel Administrator in 'What position are you applying for?:'

D) For an In Game Moderator you will be expected to make sure that everyone is following the rules and to report to an Administrator or Owner when you feel it necessary. You will also be expected to be able to mediate any disputes that occur in game and be able to stay unbiased in these situations.

If this is what you want to apply for type In Game Moderator in 'What position are you applying for?:'

E) For a Forum Moderator you will be expected to make sure that people are following the forum rules and to understand them yourself word by word. When disputes occur, you will be expected to mediate the situation and give a completely unbiased opinion. You should be able to understand when something should be reported to a Forum Administrator or an owner.

If this is what you want to apply for type Forum Moderator in 'What position are you applying for?:'

Please only apply if you are going to be staying. If you leave after a week or so it gives us a lot more work to do. You will be expected to be an active member of the community.
These positions are given out at the owners discretion, if you feel it has been unfair in anyway then you are welcome to send one of the owners a pm.

What position are you applying for?:

In Game Name:

First Name:

Do you speak English?:

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?:

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?:

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?:

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph):

What country do you reside in?:

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?:

We will let you know when we have decided, so do not continue to ask.
Thanks for applying we appreciate the support.

Last edited by awesom03 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : First name:)
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Re: TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators

Post by Death Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:53 pm

What position are you applying for?: In Game Moderator

In Game Name: Deathgag

Do you speak English?: Yep

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?:
Yes, Ecept for the Cobble One. How big is Massive?
Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Yes I'm very socialble person and mostly friendly. And i guess I'm pretty cyanical of people.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?/What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I'm very unbiased person and I'm willing to take people as not guilty and treating them with a clean slate unless they've been caught/broken the rules 5 times before. On a very old server I played on I was mod who was in charge of PvP and Stealing Complaints . The major case was one of Town Guard of Blackwater vs. The a group of adventures who stole once before. Listened to them argue for 2 hours. Jailed three town guards for just assuming they got robbed by them and entering a diffrent Kingdom and spawn camping them for 30 mins. Turned out the Leader of the Guards moved the stuff into an underground storage room.

What country do you reside in?: United States of America

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: Yes I have Skype which I still have to set up an account for and I would be ale to talk to you. I also have Ventrilo if thats any help.

Last edited by Death on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to Answer two Questions.)
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Re: TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators

Post by The_Valken Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:00 pm

-In Game Administrator
-Forum + IRC channel Administrator

-In Game Moderator
-Forum Moderator

In Game Name:
The_Valken

Do you speak English?:
Yes.

Yes, I memorize rules very well.

Yes. I try to be a friendly person, at times I may rage, but only with good reason. I try to refrain from holding small things against people in future decisions and such.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?:
I've been an In-Game Administrator before, I've also been a In-Game Moderator before.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph):
-In-Game Administrator: I'm very friendly with new people, I have a lot of tolerance for most people who respect other players and the rules. I'm not the kind of person to hold one's flaws or differences against them. I watch trouble makers much closer, and I figure people out very well. I know most of the commands and such so I can answer most questions others have to ask as fast as possible, if I was to get the position then I would memorize all the rules, commands, and other things related.

-Forum + IRC channel Administrator: I am aiming most toward this position, as I am very active on the forums. I scan it for new posts usually every 15-30 minutes. I can do whatever is needed as far as posting whenever I'm needed to as I have a vast vocabulary, and am a bit of a grammar Nazi. I can tell inappropriate posts from others as I've made a few myself that I regret now. Also, most I said from the In-Game Admin. applies to this as well. Along with that I do know basic html, and can learn the BBCode easily as I pick up on stuff like that fast.

-In Game Moderator: Almost everything in the In-Game Admin. applies to this as well. But as I said before, I figure people out very well and very fast. I don't do anything stupid without very good reason. Unless someone directly violates a strongly enforced rule then I probably would not have to ban someone. Mainly I would contact a higher official before the ban. I take frequent screenshots of the chat when needed, I will probably be in the IRC channel most of the time just in case I need evidence against a person.

-Forum Moderator: Most I said in the Forum Admin. applies to this, as this is a very limited version of that it seems. I don't mind repeating myself for means like this though. I only delete or lock what is completely necessary due to violent insulting or rule breaking within it. If it still applies to this I do know HTML and can learn the BBCode and am a very good news announcer when needed, or if needed.

United States of America, and proud of it. (:

Yes, whenever I'm needed to... and when I'm not. (:

If you have any further questions please, send me a message on Skype. (:

Last edited by The_Valken on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Jigsawjohn Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Forum Moderator

In Game Name:
Jigsawjohn

Do you speak English?:
Yes

Yes

Friendly, a little shy at times. Tend to be more reserved. Very rarely lose my temper though I may seem grumpy at times.

In Guild Wars I was a forum moderator for a rather large guild. Also In World of Warcraft I was not a moderator but I knew my Guild leader well and would help him manage it at times he was busy.

I believe I can be a good forum moderator because while I don't have much time to play in-game, I do however find myself able to check the forum very often throughout the day. I like the community and everyone in it that I have had an acquaintance with and as stated above I have fair experience monitoring and helping out with a forum. I tend to be a little hard but fair when involved trying to keep the peace. I am able to disregard my personal opinion when it is not needed and I believe in keeping a forum neat and civilized so members of the community can easily find and access the information they seek.

United States of America

Yes

Last edited by Jigsawjohn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jigsawjohn
Jigsawjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by gangreen88 Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:16 pm

What position are you applying for?: In game moderator, forum moderator

In Game Name: gangreen88

Do you speak English?: Yes

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes, and if unsure i can always check, as i have the forums open almost constantly.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: I would like to think so.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I have been officer in many "Guild wars" guilds, meaning i take a similar role, trying to make sure people dont break rules and generaly just being there to help.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I am extremeley active on the forum and in game, playing far more than i should most of the time. When people have questions about the game itself i'm always keen to answer them and i believe i answer them fairly well. In game at the moment i have been taking a fairly aggressive role (being the main reason I have not applied here for an Admin position) but this is losing allot of its charm for me and the anger that it causes other people is becoming quite distressing and the role of a moderator would allow me to take a more active and crucially, helpfull role in game.
On the forums i am verry keen to make them more active and I would happily apply for forum admin if my knowledge of HTML and BBcode extended further than simply changing font size and colours in posts. Other than that i consider myself to be extremely good at writing and i have run ,and been moderator in, several roleplaying forums in my time. I am by no means perfect and can make frequent typos and spelling mistakes in my posts, but as a moderator (or admin) I would make far more effort to ammend this and my posts are always writen to a readable standard.

What country do you reside in?: England

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: I frequently use skype and my headset to talk to the people in my faction, as well as some other server users and would like to speak to more.

Last edited by gangreen88 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

Post by [_Tj_] Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

What position are you applying for? - In game admin, In game Mod.

In Game Name: __Tj__

First Name: Tom

Do you speak English?: Yes.

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes, I would say that I'm confident in enforcing rules to the best of my ability along with solving problems (answering questions), with the best and most considerate outcome in mind.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: I am indeed. I try to keep a good balance of friendship between groups of people, ruling out any bias opinions and judgement.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: A reasonable amount, I have been a forum, vent and in-game Mod for two FPS team's, (Both competed in WOGL, Crossfire) along with offering my full support to the development to the games "Protection team", who focus in finding hacks, and bringing them to a halt. My role as a Mod in these teams included the following:
- Enforcing rules
- Applying temporary ban's
- Bumping recruitment threads along with maintenance of our forums
- Assigning in-game roles
- And finally, checking up on every player on each log-in

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I believe my main advantage is that I have had previous experience in this area, so obviously speaking out, and dealing with tricky situations has been a common problem that I have come across. Like I've said before, "I would rather run the show, than be in it" - this is pretty much what I go by with gaming these day's, I enjoy adapting to new situations, and making the correct decisions which affect the users of the game. Another bonus of this application, is that my gaming time is incredibly vast, I can be on throughout most times of the day. This obviously is an advantage as a lot of in-game problems seem to occur when there's no authority online. On top of all this, I'm very fluent in picking up new skills, if they are needed or not. I also make sure to never jump to any conclusions without digging up as many facts as possible, (no pun intended), nothing is worse than being falsely accused by your fellow gamers. And finally, trust is probably the most important part of these applications, I hope you have found it in me.

What country do you reside in?: England (Down south)

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: I do indeed.

Many thanks

Tj

Last edited by [_Tj_] on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I can)
[_Tj_]
[_Tj_]

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Dingleys In-Game Moderator Application

Post by Dingley Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 am

What position are you applying for?:In-Game Moderator

In Game Name:Dingley

First Name:Ollie

Do you speak English?:Yes

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?:Yes

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?:I would hope so yes Smile

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I was a admin on 2 different minecraft servers, one closed beacuse the owner couldn't pay the fees for the server and the other the owner got bored of minecraft.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph):I play minecraft a lot and this server is my main and only server that i play, i am on a lot of the time and for the last three days i have been on at least 5 hours a day, this shows i am dedicated to the server and also shows i understand how to play, i read the rules before i made my whitelist application so i am fluent with them. I want to be a moderator to keep the server clean from griefers but also beacuse i like the server i want to help it progress too.

What country do you reside in?:England

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?:Yes: Olliedingley. I am also on skype a lot.

Last edited by Dingley on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dingley
Dingley

https://thenewworld.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cragsandyman Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:22 am

In game admin.
In Game Name:
Cragsandyman
First Name:
Craig
Do you speak English?:
Yes
Yes i have checked through them carefully.
I'd like to think so yes.
I have been an in-game admin on octavian whilst the server was being created so i have a vast knowledge of most plugin commands and can use then quickly and effectively, i have also been a moderator for a long time on octavian so i know alot about keeping the "peace" Smile
I try my upmost to keep the server a freindly environment for all players. I will also never abuse any powers that i have and will only be used when needed. i enjoy helping others and ensuring they have an enjoyable time on minecraft Smile I also have alot of knowledge of commands and how to use them effectively.
England
unfortunately not, i struggle to run any other programme's whilst i have minecraft running, however i do have msn.

Cragsandyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:46 pm

What position are you applying for?: In-Game Admin, Plugin Admin, Forum + IRC Admin

In Game Name: Nosferatoon

First Name: Nathaniel

Yes, I understand and agree with all the rules, so would have no issue enforcing them

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Yes, I think that genuinely I am a friendly person, once I talk to people and get to know them I am cool with them, and I think I am being a lot more polite and helpful to the new players as well.

Plugin Admin;
I used to code plugins in Counter-Strike: Source and am very proficient with computers and I have installed and used things such as CraftBukkit on my own server but I can't say I have used a lot of the plugins on the server.

In-Game Admin;
I have run my own server before which was a small one with some friends and I have run servers on other games but I have no experience running a big minecraft server though

Forum + IRC Admin;
I have run a lot of forums before so I know all the stuff such as BBCode, I have made a lot of them (particularly in phpBB which is the software this forum uses) and I also have been using mIRC for years so I already know a lot such as the OP commands and once it is fixed, intend to idle and stick on it. I also took a course in HTML whilst in school so I can understand basic HTML and BBCode. I am also an active poster on the forums and dont believe in being a grammar nazi, I think if the point stands then it shouldn't be an issue and I only post when relevant to the conversation/topic as opposed to just posting to increase my post count

Plugin Admin;
As prementioned, I am very proficient with computers and have coded my own plugins, so I have an understanding of what works, I also have a thing called google and all the information is generally easy to find and I am committed to the server, so I have no issue spending a few hours trying to fix problems/upgrade the server.

In-Game Admin;
I have been playing on the server since the beginning and now that TNT is nerfed nothing could possibly go wrong Wink But in all seriousness I can deal with situations impartially as well as keeping the peace, I know and understand all of the rules and I also have common sense, so I can listen and deal with problems without having to message you every 5 minutes. I play on the server a lot and I think I could balance between being a player and being an admin no problem.

What country do you reside in?: England

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: Yes, on occasion.

Last edited by Nosferatoon on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added forum admin app)
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by san_sama Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:20 pm

What position are you applying for?:in game moderator, in game administrator

In Game Name:san_sama

First Name:Aiden

Do you speak English?:yes

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?:yup

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?:of course good sir

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?:i was an Admin on a now defunct server

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph):well i am friendly sociable and have the ability to inform people of the rules. as mentioned above i have previously been an administrator. i never take sides in an argument and my NO.1 goal is tobreak them up. I despise racial slur homophobic slur and anyone who might happen to stop people enjoying their experience on the server.

What country do you reside in?:Australia

i can make a skype

san_sama

Back to top Go down

Post by Windssoul Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:09 pm

In-Game Administrator, Plugin Administrator.

In Game Name: Windssoul

First Name: Christopher

Yes.

Of course I am. <3

Quite a bit as far as various games go, and real life. I am the ASO Senator of Science for my Campus. My major is Astrophysics and that involves a lot of computer work as well. Though I have been highly proficient with computers from a very young age, so it's not all classes. I own a computer repair business to pay my rent and I have never failed to fix a computer problem. I run a virtual programming development platform as a hobby and have taken to using Team Viewer to fix peoples problems too. I know C++, .NET, and C#.

I have significant administration experience in both real life and on various games/servers. I deal with a large number of people on an almost daily basis in manners that can accurately be applied to the position (s) I am asking to retain. As far as the Plugin manager, I have been building and programming computers since I was 5 years old, and have an incredible amount of experience modding games. I have run a private hosted server for Minecraft for a short period of time so I also have some experience in modding that. I used a private server to test out mods that I would implement on the server.

As far as real life goes I am the Associated Student Body government's Senator of Science, meaning I represent the science Dept. (Engineering, mathematics, technology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.) I have to be well versed and have proven myself in all those areas to hold this position in the student body and it is my job to oversee the Dept Administration and represent the students taking courses in those areas to make decisions about the direction of the various departments.

For direct modding experience, I have 5 years of modding Morrowind and then Oblivion on all aspects, have assisted in several projects and know how to collaborate and apply proper testing procedures to make sure it gets done well. I have also spent several hours learning to mod Minecraft and configure properly in order to run a few mods, and it took me no time to pick up exactly what to do, thanks to my previous experience combined with my general working knowledge of computers.

United States.

I can get Skype, I generally use Ventrilo but I can have both easily. I dumped 100 dollars into a headset that is amazing just for talking, lol.

I look forward to hearing your response!
Windssoul
Windssoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Komain72 Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 am

What position are you applying for?: These three were the ones I was interested in. Very Happy
- In Game Administrator
- In Game Moderator
- Plugin Administrator

In Game Name: Komain72

First Name: Robert

Do you speak English?: Yes, it's my native language.

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes, I know that all texture packs with transparency or any mods giving a certain player advantages over other server members are not allowed, excessive complaining is jailable/kickable/bannable (if taken too far), trolling can get you a sentence in jail, you're not allowed to use the IRC channel to see into party chats or channel chats, you MUST have 2 people to make a faction, griefing is allowed in the wilderness only, and stealing is allowed everywhere unless the chest is locked. Also, no massive cobble builds are allowed and any 1x1 pillars are prohibited.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Yes. I can easily get along with people unless they are acting socially unfriendly towards me, then I might get a little defensive but overall I can deal with the situation maturely. In fact, I won the 2010 Citizenship Award for my municipality.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I have been an administrator on several Minecraft Classic servers, I have owned my own SMP server in the past (I had to stop it due to incredible lag), and I have been a moderator on at least 2 SMP servers. I have also been an administrator on various websites/games. In real life, I am an active member of Student's Council as a representative for my grade level and I am also head of many other groups and societies in my area.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I think I could be a good Administrator/Moderator because I have owned an SMP in the past and I have migrated between 5 or 6 different SMP servers before I found TNW. While going on all those servers, I have seen many common problems that arise in every server so I know what to expect and how to deal with a problem if it arises. I know the severity or different offences for each level of punishment: jailable, kickable or bannable. I have experience in using all of the plugins on this server as I have used/installed them all on my SMP. Also, I am currently an active TNW player and will be until the server closes. Wink

What country do you reside in?: I reside in Canada.

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: I do have a Skype although my speaking times are restricted at times. I do have other ways of contact if you ever need to contact me too that I always check regularly.

EDIT: If you guys read my application earlier and realized I put down age 15 and my profile said age 14, I just realized somehow I inputted my birth-year wrong. Just so you guys know I wasn't lieing about my age. ;P

Last edited by Komain72 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added explanation for unsynchronization of the age on my profile and on my application.)

Komain72

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty -blank-

Post by Valestrum Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:41 pm

deleted.

Last edited by Valestrum on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Valestrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Publicbrutality Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:18 pm

What position are you applying for?: in game mod, in game admin

In Game Name: Publicbrutality

First Name: Tom

Do you speak English?: Yes, and i can speak a bit of Spanish as well.

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: I am rather talkative but i tend not to get really close to people so that means I'm not really personally influenced by people

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I was an administrator for an Ultima Online server from 2001-2003. The server failed from lack of funding but my skills in negotiating and problem solving were never questioned. More recently, I manage a small public server that i host when i am home from university. Over the years i have had several mod/GM/admin positions and I can provide a few references if needed.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I'm unbiased which is a huge factor in resolving disputes fairly. I have a good handle over the basic commands for vanilla MC (as for plugins ill need to learn a bit). I don't "rage" when griefed and i don't retaliate when instigated. I have a knack for getting to the bottom of problems and resolving them appropriately. Also, I will be on for most of the summer because i will be home from university in three weeks, so while the UK players sleep i can patrol the server and be on call if there is a situation that needs an admin's touch. All in all the above qualities in my opinion make me a suitable admin.

What country do you reside in?: USA

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: Yes I have skype, and I also own a ventrilo that I will gladly let the entire server use. I own it and host it so it will be no cost to the server.

PS: If you'd like to discuss more then I'd be glad to talk and answer any questions that you may have. Thank you for considering my submission.

Publicbrutality

Back to top Go down

Post by RedFollower68 Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 pm

What position are you applying for?: In-game Moderator

In Game Name: RedFollower68

First Name: Garrett

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: I believe so. If I am selected to become a moderator I will copy the rules unto paper and put them on the bulletin board by my computer. However, some things confuse me. For example, it says "No sexism, rascism, ect, and no religion" I don't know what you mean by religion because I've been in a religious conversation twice on this server.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Yes

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: None, although I have been an admin for a faction and I believe I do good at it.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): Like I said before I feel I do a good job as an admin in my faction. Whenever I find a new member I always try to welcome them and tell them to tell me if they need anything. I think I am a pretty nice person and will try and handle things in an unbaised way. I am very frequent on this server. I am homeschooled so I can get on at times that others in school cannot or should not. In other places in my life I follow the rules pretty well.

What country do you reside in?: The good old US of A

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: no.
RedFollower68
RedFollower68

Back to top Go down

Post by Orphanix Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:50 pm

• What position are you applying for?: In-game Admin, In-game Mod, Forum Mod, Forum Admin, IRC Admin

• In Game Name: Orphanix

• First Name: Zac

• Do you speak English?: Sure do.

• Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes, of course.

• Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Yeah. I can waste hours just talking to and helping people, and in past experiences, have killed days doing it.

• How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I've moderated countless forums, and countless WoW, RuneScape, and Aion Private Servers servers over the past 4 years. I know HTML, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Java (which will pay off the most in this situation Razz), and very limited Python. If we ever decide to make any programs unique to the server, I can write them. Scrolling up to the requirements, I know BBcode to, but.. so does everyone. xD

• What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph):

I'm not one to become biased or give away free things just because of my powers, or abuse them in any way. Though screwing around is sometimes fun, I guess, it kind of kills the fun to be had on a game for good, in my opinion, and the same goes for online communities and corrupt/immature moderators and administrators. I enjoy helping people, and am not afraid to tell people when they're out of line or don't deserve something.

I can be very patient and am usually on Skype for at least 12 hours a day. I usually appear offline, but my help -for times when I'm not on the server - is just a call away.

Seeing as some of the rules are against Racism/Sexism/Homophobia, I'll have no problem whatsoever enforcing them - if it's a difficult or taboo topic for some people - seeing as I'm a huge advocate for Civil Rights/Gay Rights. Regardless of people's opinions on what said persecuted groups deserve, the least they deserve is to be treated normally, as they are all normal, and I'll have absolutely no problem whatsoever banning people who don't respect the rights of any individual on our server, or continually harass people for no reason.

Also, if anyone has any technical questions on anything software or hardware related, I can offer general knowledge and support in their direction. I could even help found a tech support board in the off-topic section if need be.

I also like to try and see if I can settle arguments with simple agreements and informal warnings and try to get both parties to make up before I take further action. The correct answer isn't always to throw out a formal warning or to ban people, or be programmed like clockwork in your punishments. Every situation and person is different and deserves to be handled as such. I can show extreme mercy or extreme retribution. Whatever the particular situation calls for.

I also understand the difference between people joking, slower people, idiots, and people purposefully sabotaging the server's chat/gameplay. I think being able to tell all of these things apart and treating them accordingly is a very important part of enforcing rules and keeping peace in any social environment.

It's also noteworthy that I have an unhealthy addiction to forums. Unhealthy. I've administrated Invisionfree, PhpBB, Zetaboards, Proboards, Burningboard (GOD TIER forums, by the way), and, just about every forum service out there. I understand the way headers and footers work for pretty much all of these formats and services as well.

I might also be able to purchase a .com, .us, .org, or .uk domain name for the server in the future, as well as manage the website. Admittedly, I'm not very good with creating websites from scratch, unless they're done in flash, which can be done.

• What country do you reside in?: The United States of America

• Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: Sure do. Amphana is my Skype name. I bought a $250 headset just to talk to people. Razz
Orphanix
Orphanix
Admin

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Application

Post by Kruidenzout Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:14 am

What position are you applying for?: I'm applying for In-game Admin/Mod

In Game Name:
Kruidenzout

First Name:
Yannick

Do you speak English?:
Yes I speak fairly good english

Yup they are pretty logic rules to follow

I help out people alot since i run my own lil private project server.

I'm pretty experienced in administrating and moderating since I run a server for my friends since 2010.
I use alot of the same plugins as on this server and thus this made me think I'm a good person for the job
You can check my server out if you want but you won't be able to build: vtown.dyndns.info

And here is also an lil outdated photo collection: Photo collection

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): See question above.

I live in Holland

Yes I do have skype and am able to talk.

We will let you know when we have decided, so do not continue to ask.
Thanks for applying we appreciate the support

Kruidenzout

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Game Moderator Application for shivershanks

Post by shivershanks Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:39 pm

What position are you applying for?: Game Moderator

In Game Name: shivershanks

First Name: Ren

Do you speak English?: Yes quite well.

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?
: Yes, I have reviewed the rules, they are reasonable and most of them are basic common sense. I frown upon any form of breach against the rules. I am a friendly and approachable person and will gladly assist players with any technical or game related problems they may face while playing on this server.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?
: Yes I am an active Teamspeak user and I enjoy communication with fellow players.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I was a mod for a short period of time on a minecraft server, and have held such positions in various other MMORPG games.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I absolutely detest rule breakers. I have experienced bug abuse and exploitation in its many forms. There seems to be a lot of language and racial harassment issues going on as well. Constant fighting over global chat is just one of the many problems; I do not believe in bending the rules or watching others do so. If I am elected as a mod, I will make sure the rules are enforced and a friendly, helpful community is maintained. I am completely unbiased and will remain so. I will be fair with my judgments in any situation and look at Both* sides of the story. I am familiar with plug-ins as well having played many multiplayer minecraft servers and I will be able to assist people with the commands.

What country do you reside in?
: United States

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?
: Yes I often use voice chat to communicate. I have been using Teamspeak and Ventrilo for quite a few years already.

Last edited by shivershanks on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
shivershanks
shivershanks

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilByProxy Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 pm

What position are you applying for?:In Game Admin

In Game Name: EvilByProxy

First Name: Jay

Do you speak English?:
Yes, its my first language i speak and write it really well.

Yes, I read all the rules before even posting a applications on the Mc forums.

Yes I'm a genuinely friendly and sociable person, really easy to get along with and I'm not a rude person either

I have had my own server, and still do I mostly use it to test out new plugins, I have also Modded for a few other servers, which have only gone down because of financial problems.

I'm a really composed person I don't just jump to conclusions before going over all the evidence, I don't have a Temper or a ego like most mods/admins do I'm really easy to talk to genuinely friendly and sociable always follow the rules of any server, totally unbiased in any situation I never take my frustration on anyone, also really good with plugins/bukket anything to do with server side configurations.

I know how to handle mostly any situation in which a admin is needed to intervene, again am never biased and have been known to even lay the law on close friends when they have broken rules, I would also like to say that because of my age and events I have experienced in life I am completely mature 99% of the time, I do understand that joking around might be fun sometimes and also know when it has gone to far, i understand what is needed of me when i do become a admin, and will be completely neutral.

I also like to read the forums, I love forums :p, I like to talk with the community interact because I feel that in order to grow as a server your members must feel like there wanted and not just there donations is what matters, i have spent hundreds of hours on mostly any forums i have signed up to or for any server i have modded helping members even though it was not my position to do so, hosting events also looking at bans that where unjustly made and those that where, fishing out corrupted mods and just making the server a more fun experience for everyone.

I also have my own server which I test most plugins on, its a private server that i use to see how all plugins work and how bug abusers could exploit glitches in plugins to gain a unfair advantage, in a previous server where i was a mod this helped in finding over 20 glitch abusers using plugin bug to gain a unfair advantage over other members in the community and also uncovering other mods helping members in unfair ways, via plugin malefactions.

this is why I would make a good admin Razz have a nice day.

What country do you reside in?: USA

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: Yes.
I use Skype on a daily basis, i also own a Team speak server, and can host one for the server if need be.

EvilByProxy

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Bike_Man's Application

Post by Bike Man Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Sorry for the slightly late entry.

What position are you applying for?: Forum Moderator.

In Game Name: Bike_Man.

First Name: Eric.

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes, and I've even suggested a rule or two, such as no greifing roads.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Besides the server being PvP, which kinda turns everyone's guard on, I try to be polite and friendly. I show the new ones around, or just give a 'Wassup!' if I can't make it at the moment. And, if you don't happen to be a pyro, I can be fairly sociable. :p

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I actually have set up a forum before for a clan, but abandoned the project. I quit the game the forum was for because of how much of a money drain it can be if you want to play it seriously. Puzzle Pirates, if anyone knows what that is.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph): I see myself as a good forum moderator for several reasons. The first is my typing skills. Thanks to a typing class in school, I can type reasonably fast and error free. I even have a typing program, but don't use it much. Secondly, all of my English teachers have credited me as being a very good writer. It helps to have a moderator around that doesn't form sentences incomprehensible by others. I also have the knowledge required in bbcode and html to create more formatted posts, like this coloring or even further usage. I know that forum moderation takes common sense and good moral, so I'd censor material such as Nazism on the spot. I've specifically applied to be a forum moderator because things happen fast in-game, forums are slower paced, and therefore allow for more judgment to take place before action is carried out. Also, my awake hours in the American Midwest would extend the hours of those that live in England. I'm sure there's more I could think of, but I also know that you have many applications so I'll stop here.

What country do you reside in?: The United States of America.

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: I have Steam and a mic, and my ID is Hooligan Gamer. If I'm accepted, I'll try out Skype's voice chat instead of just Steam. So yes.

One last thing to bribe you: Sony Vegas + Fraps = Server Video on Youtube. Very Happy
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Kango's Application

Post by Kango Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 pm

I know this is posted late, but I was told to post it just in case.

In-game Admin / In-game Mod

In Game Name:
Kango

First Name:
Vincent

Do you speak English?:
Yes.

Yeah.

Yup!

Well, I administrated a private server for a couple of years, and moderated a region in Second Life.

Well, I have a good deal of experience in both of the positions I'm applying for, and have managed to resolve many problems in my time in them. I tend to be on Minecraft for a good deal, so I'll be around to do my job if no one else is. I also try to be impartial if nothing else. I'm also friendly and have a good memory of rules. I have common sense and try to socialize and help anyone that needs it.

United States

Yes, I have Skype and a microphone that doesn't suck.
Kango
Kango

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyRoger420 Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 pm

What position are you applying for?: In Game Moderator

In Game Name: JollyRoger420

First Name: Mitch

Do you speak English?: yea

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Yes Ive read over the rules many times

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Yea I have even recommended it to several of my friends because of the friendly environment

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: I help people out and remind them of the rules if I see a potential problem.

I have been an active member of this server for over a month back when you were using towny. I have made sure to cut down trees fully and destroy 1x1 towers. I welcome new players to the server and help them with plug-in commands. I am familiar with most of the plug-ins this server uses. I use fraps while playing so it would be easy to catch a player using fly-mods or abusing glitches. I also am very neutral during in-game arguments and have never once raged or cussed anyone out over minecraft.

What country do you reside in?: US

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: yes
JollyRoger420
JollyRoger420

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisperduke Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 pm

What position are you applying for?: In Game Admin or Mod

In Game Name: Whisperduke

First Name: Nicholas or Nick

Do you speak English?: Yesh!

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: Of The Rules, absolutely.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: More then anybody I know.

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?: Years of experience :-D. Details on next question.

I've always been Guild, Faction, Kinship, or Corporation leader in any MMO I've played and I've played a lot. With 100s of people. I was Admin to several private games servers including Everquest 1 and WoW back in the day as well as several forums on various topics including Fan Clubs. I am constantly seeing myself as in the middle or in the Gray area. I hate pointing out peoples mistakes but from those mistakes everybody will learn and grow because of it.....so I feel it has to be done. I can also type Really really fast :-p. I know that isn't important but I it helps. I also own my own company so I make my own hours. I can be on here when ever I want.

What country do you reside in?: California, USA!!

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: I do not have Skype but I can easily get it. As a matter of fact I am downloading it now. I don't mind calling or talking to people on the phone or using voice chats like Teamspeak or Ventrillo. Its no big deal. I can handle it!!

Edit: Also. I seem to have the ability to find troublemakers. Either they mess with me or affect me some how.

I am on Minecraft a lot. I enjoy it. Its relaxing. I make my own hours because I own my own company, to be honest. I'd like to use what I know. I'd like to make this server as Badass with Good fair pvp as it possibly can be.
Whisperduke
Whisperduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rijor Aiedail Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 am

What position are you applying for?: That of In-game Moderator.

In Game Name: Rijor

First Name: Robert (actually my middle)

Do you speak English?: Quite well.

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?: I do indeed.

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?: Some may dislike my occasional sarcasm, and my taste for bad puns, but I'm likable enough, I think.

How much experience have you had as an Moderator?: I've been an Admin on a GTA:SAMP server, back when people actually palyed that. I've run a fairly successful Blockland server, with rules similar to those here. I was also a GM on a private server with over 1000 members. (The owners even wanted me back. :/ )

What makes you think that you can be a good Moderator?:
In short, Duality. I'm good at playing however I like, as ruthless as I like, but in matters of server conflits, I'm able to switch into moderator mode, and handle the situation. No matter how much I may dislike a player, I can always look at complaints against them objectively. I've shown in action that even if I despise someone, I can still find their redeeming qualities. and even if I like someone, I don't completely overlook shortcomings, I believe this is something that's essential to being a proper moderator.

What country do you reside in?: The United States

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?: Yes.
(hit send too soon. going to try to edit quick enough...)

Rijor Aiedail

Back to top Go down

TNW Application for Administrators and Moderators Empty Dingleys Mod App

Post by Dingley Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 am

What Role Are You Applying For?: Forum Moderator.

In Game Name:Dingley

First Name:Ollie

Do you speak English?:Yes

Do you know the rules well enough to answer any questions people may ask in game?:Yes

Are you a genuinely friendly and sociable person?:Yes

How much experience have you had as an Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)?:I am a super admin in a Garrys Mod server, this role requires me to punish those who do not follow rules and keep a non bias overlook on a situation.

What makes you think that you can be a good Administrator/Moderator (for the position you are applying for)? (we expect at least a paragraph):I think i would be a good forum moderator beacuse I enjoy helping the owners, I want to keep the forums clean from people who think its funny to make a swastica or abuse other players, and I do manage to keep a non bias review of a situation.

What country do you reside in?:UK, England

Do you have Skype and can you talk to us?:Yes Olliedingley ( I think all of rhe owners have me as a contact).
Dingley
Dingley

https://thenewworld.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next