Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Youtube Channel

2 posters

Go down

Server Youtube Channel Empty Server Youtube Channel

Post by Bike Man Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm willing to attempt creating a server Youtube video. I have Sony Vegas, and I'm fairly sure I can creatively work around the 30 second limit on the free version of Fraps. The only major issue is making sure I have a good balance between render distance, quality, video size (Probably will be made in standard Youtube size, due to Minecraft being made of blocks) and having a constant frame rate of 30. Unlike TF2 and some other Steam games, I can't record a demo and then convert it to full frames and audio. I can post an example of this if anyone is wondering what I'm talking about.

To record footage of the server, I could do so in single player mode after downloading the gigantic file, or work around a few obstacles in multiplayer. If the latter is true, an admin may have to assist me with temporary flying, let me noclip, ect for the purpose of better camera angles. Hopefully lag can be worked around, as I'd really like to film groups of players just as much as their buildings. Smile

Also, the server should have it's own Youtube channel which everyone on the server can pool videos into. I'd be willing to help set up the channel layout, but I bet someone else would be better at designing it then I am. Better yet, host the videos on Youtube and put them on a separate section of the forum. Up to the owners to decide, as I can simply post the video myself, but I like the idea of other users being able to contribute footage as well.

Now that I'm done typing a book worth, feel free to suggest what should be in the video. Razz
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Server Youtube Channel Empty Re: Server Youtube Channel

Post by XxGodlyxX Sun May 01, 2011 10:44 am

I thought of this too! But only my pc isnt the best for recording. I will fully support u!
XxGodlyxX
XxGodlyxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Bike Man Sun May 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Houston, my idea has liftoff. Very Happy
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content