Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faction tag or Title?

4 posters

Go down

Do you want a faction tag or a useless title to be displayed in front of a person's name in the chat?

Faction tag or Title? I_vote_lcap91%Faction tag or Title? I_vote_rcap 91% 
[ 10 ]
Faction tag or Title? I_vote_lcap9%Faction tag or Title? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Faction tag or Title? Empty Faction tag or Title?

Post by I_Make_Things Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:10 am

As you may have noticed, 90% of people that post have [refugee] in front of their name. Because this spot is taken we can't display the person's faction tag. Personally, I care a lot more about a persons faction than a title that ive only seen 3 people bother to buy..

Come on, lets get this changed. Vote in the poll ^
I_Make_Things
I_Make_Things

Back to top Go down

Faction tag or Title? Empty Re: Faction tag or Title?

Post by Superman Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:17 am

titles are cool in a way, but for a server leaning towards pvp, faction titles are more appropriate. Hopefully something comes out to make both sides of the issue happy.

Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 am

We are still working on the titles, and we understand that at the moment they aren't really doing much to improve the gameplay.

However myself and valken have been looking at other possibilities. For example we WILL be changing pay for titles so that they make more sense.
We will also be implementing titles for reaching certain skill levels in mcmmo to hopefully give yourselves some more encouragement to reach the higher levels. I haven't got the list saved but suffice it to say that the skill titles are much more thought out. Expect these titles to change a lot over the next few days
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm

The Faction Titles have been brought up before in-game. I am currently deciding whether or not its a good thing, as if every has faction titles who would bother to get a title showing off his/her wealth? Or bother getting to a certain level in a skill for that title?

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Make_Things Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 pm

People grind their skills up anyway, and we don't have skill based titles yet. I honestly don't think we need titles as an incentive for people to train. I still think that faction tag is more important than the titles, even though they aren't a bad idea themselves. Maybe we could colour names instead, or something?
I_Make_Things
I_Make_Things

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:44 am

One of the main reasons we decided to implement titles was so that we could give rewards to those players who are active on the server. As soon as we get some time we will continue building these 'premium areas', for those players that have been active. We felt the best way to monitor the people who have been active enough to access our 'premium areas' would be by giving out titles, this way it's easier for us and hopefully adds somethiing to the general experience for the player. We are hoping that when the 'premium areas' are built that they will hopefully add to the gameplay of the server. We have discussed the idea of using coloured names instead, however we don't feel that it would be fair to the donators of the server as it would give their title less meaning when they they have been financially supporting the server. We may still use coloured names for the top title/s but right now we are very unsure and it most likely won't happen.
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:25 pm

There aren't enough colors for all the factions. Thats a pretty big issue...

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Make_Things Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm

No, I mean colours for titles, or to serve the purpose awesom0 just mentioned, and the actual faction tag will be where titles are now.
I_Make_Things
I_Make_Things

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down