Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon

2 posters

Go down

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon Empty Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon

Post by SwanyZOMG Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 pm

In my mine I would find that occasionally for some reason a block wouldn't be destroyed easily, I would have to find a way around it or mine it in a weird way. After a few levels and branches of my mine I came to realize that all of the blocks with this problem were at the same x coordinate (998).

The phenomenon shows itself like this:

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon F3enOl
Here I am pointing my pickaxe at the block directly in front of me, but the black outline that shows that the block is selected doesn't show up.

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon KdOTQl
Here is another block with the same problem, at the same x coordinate.

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon JV9aMl
And another block, with coordinates shown.

I came to realize that I can mine these blocks, if i aim for the side of it, through another block.

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon 0JQIhl
Shown here, as you can see, the block I am aiming for doesn't highlight. The game thinks the block doesn't exist and I am highlighting the block next to it by pointing at its side.

Is there any known cause to this? Ghosts? Mayans bringing the end of the world?

Last edited by SwanyZOMG on Mon May 23, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SwanyZOMG

Back to top Go down

Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon Empty Re: Weird coord x = 998 phenomenon

Post by Crit Mon May 16, 2011 1:55 pm

It happens on every server I've been on at the 1000 block radius of spawn. There's nothing we can do about it, (not that i've heard or seen)

As i said even the biggest servers have this issue. Theres not much we can do about it until its patched by notch and the team. Sad

Annoys me too!

Crit

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum