Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft GUI and textures editing.

+3
Think
frankpetrov
The_Valken
7 posters

Go down

Minecraft GUI and textures editing. Empty Minecraft GUI and textures editing.

Post by The_Valken Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Recently.. or just today. I decided to try editing some gui and textures. (general minecraft graphics) and after about an hour of messing about I came up with this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22132464/MinecraftEditing.png
And that influenced me to do 2 things.
1. Make an epic texture pack.
2. Make other people epic personalized GUIs and Textures.
Before I can start editing or creating a texture pack I need to find the default to copy it, but with 1.3 I can't find it anymore... so if anyone doesn't mind telling me where it is, I'd appreciate it.
Also if you want personalized GUIs such as furnaces, workbench, etc. then just send me a private message of what you want. I know its relatively easy to do, but most people don't want to take the time to do it. I just wanna practice with everyone on this server first before I start on the MC.net site.

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Minecraft GUI and textures editing. Empty Re: Minecraft GUI and textures editing.

Post by frankpetrov Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:22 pm

you have to open up your .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
in there you can find every texture

frankpetrov

Back to top Go down

Minecraft GUI and textures editing. Empty Re: Minecraft GUI and textures editing.

Post by The_Valken Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 pm

I do, which folder is it in though? I've went through all of them I think.. /:

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Think Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:18 pm

What I did when I made my mashup texture pack is download a texture pack like Painterly, and work off their files. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll be able to find the vanillla files online somewhere.
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm

I was thinking about picking and choosing but I'm too original-determined for that... And I'd feel like Kris.

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Think Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Well I very much could have designed my own, but at the time I didn't have the time\energy to do it. Might be a project for the summer though. Personally I wanted the best of all the texture packs I've used, because so often there are one or two things that can kill a texture pack.

I've wanted to make a nice texture pack for ages now, but it's such a crazy huge project to take on. There are so many things to do if you want it to be complete.

I'd be up for helping out though if you wnat. I'm a graphics designer by trade and have been doing it for about 5 years now. Could be a cool project. I'll probably do one anyway, it's just if you want to do a joint one or one on your own.
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Graphics designer, eh? Thats the profession I'm looking into... (: I'd like to talk to you sometime.. maybe we can work together on one..

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:03 pm

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:19 am

maybe you guys could make a server texture pack or some shizz
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:55 pm

I talked to Awesom about the server texturepack, he liked the idea.. I'll start working on it and Thinking can join me if he wants to. It will have to be in default resolution though... so don't expect a 128p pack or anything... although that would be cool... Razz

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Bike Man Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:22 am

One little suggestion: the furnace GUI should include the fuel lengths, ill upload what mine looks like.
Minecraft GUI and textures editing. Furnac10
Of course, the fuels would have to match what they look like in your skin, and the furnace GUI would probably be different as well. But I'm a rebel, and I only use this furnace GUI and the default look.
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Mon May 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Hmm time for people who have a knowledge of graphic design to get together.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by fooler Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi!

I was wondering if you could make a texture pack that ONLY changed the interface? The inventory, the bar, the working bench, the furnace and chests. Not the images of the items, just the background. And as someone already has mentioned, it would be nice to have a table of the times different items burn in the furnace.
It should look something like this, but of course not the saw on chests etc. :
Minecraft GUI and textures editing. Minecr10
(Before someone flames me, Yes, it IS a screenshot of JohnSmith's texture pack)

Sincerely, Mikael

edit* I'm playing 1.6.6 Beta

Last edited by fooler on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

fooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down