Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Towny or Factions?

+9
Jigsawjohn
lanuk
SugarDaddySteve
awesom03
Mirrur
SwanyZOMG
Nosferatoon
The_Valken
Think
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Towny or Factions?

Towny or Factions? I_vote_lcap11%Towny or Factions? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Towny or Factions? I_vote_lcap89%Towny or Factions? I_vote_rcap 89% 
[ 16 ]
Towny or Factions? I_vote_lcap0%Towny or Factions? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Towny or Factions? Empty Towny or Factions?

Post by Think Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Hey guys.

Towny seems to be quite fucked right now. They aren't updating it or anything, and if it's like this with every update, we'd rather not use it.

Factions is an alternative. However, the towns will be lost and you will have to start new factions instead. We will be able to go to 1.4 though and that would be much better.

Here are links to information about the plugins:
Towny
Factions

Please weigh in, we need people's opinions on this.
Think
Think
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Towny or Factions? Empty Re: Towny or Factions?

Post by The_Valken Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm

If we go to Factions (Which I like) Can we get our money back from our town's land? I just used ALL my money to expand my town... :/

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 pm

I think we should go factions but It means that I personally will lose a lot of land for my town and that PvP would be on, is this what people want? I think if we go factions we should get a new map.
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanyZOMG Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

How does claiming land work with Factions?

SwanyZOMG

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:36 pm

SwanyZOMG wrote:How does claiming land work with Factions?

/f claim
Go to the factions link and read up on it.
Also if we go to 1.4 we need a map restart so the new players are equal with the original players in a way... fairness reasons I guess... P:

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanyZOMG Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 pm

The_Valken wrote:

/f claim
Go to the factions link and read up on it.
Also if we go to 1.4 we need a map restart so the new players are equal with the original players in a way... fairness reasons I guess... P:

I read the link, but does it cost money? How does it limit the amount that you claim?

And if we change, we need to put a temporary rule in effect that nobody can grief anything for a certain amount of time because when we changed from lwc to lockette some people took advantage of that fact and stole things from others.

SwanyZOMG

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:49 pm

The link is in the original post.
It costs like the rest...

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanyZOMG Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

SwanyZOMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrur Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:36 pm

I had factions in my previous server that most of the people on the server had played on before (Silvercraft).
Basically, as far as I know, it doesn't cost money to make a faction, you just need to have the amount of people needed in your faction to claim the land because more people = more power and more power = more land!

Mirrur

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:52 pm

what he said ^

just want to point out that if we decide to implement factions it is highly likely that we will generate a new map for the server, to make it fair for everyone.

i've also had a thought of implementing rewards/compensation on the new server for people with certain amounts of cash on the current server. i think this will hopefully stop people from complaining about losing things theyve worked on. i havent talked about this with the other owners yet, so dont ask any questions about details at the moment!
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarDaddySteve Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:53 pm

He needs to stop reading the dictionary, but I agree with Yewstace.

SugarDaddySteve

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Wait... I just want to clarify with the admins... if the Factions vote wins we will most likely get a new map and our skills will be preserved and we will get rewards for the money we have?

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Now that i have a day off ill recompile to 617 and fix the pressure plates tonight.

I'll do what i can to keep this going for as long as i can if Shade doesnt show back up, but honestly with full time work and finishing my final few terms of my degree, that programming comes first

That is one of the Towny creators. The post was made around an hour ago. Why are we having a vote on updating to factions if Towny is going to be updated? I think we should have a vote on which we PREFER regardless of the fact Towny hasn't updated. I voted for factions thinking Towny wasn't going to update, then realizing the dude was on vacation or something till yesterday. Now, if Towny is going to become 1.4 compatible, I would like to vote for Towny and I am SURE other would as well. As you said awesom, we are a server in which people should be able to do what they want to some extent. To me it looks like Factions is going to turn us into some kind of war server. This is actually the answer you gave me after asking why we were using Towny. Please consider this, thanks, see you after my conference call is done!

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:43 pm

sounds like they arent taking towny seriously any more? do you really want a plugin that doesnt get updated on the server
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jigsawjohn Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm for factions. It sounds more fitting for this kind of pvp server.

Seems more well put together and more rewarding for people who wish to pvp.
Jigsawjohn
Jigsawjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrur Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:51 pm

"TNW [New Server!][mcMMO][Towny[Factions!]]PVP]Where you want to be!"
Well either this needs to be updated or this is a PvP server for a reason. Before the LWC got messed up, people raided regularly as far as I know
If you don't want war, just ally as many factions as you can and don't attack random people or else you will go to war. Unless the admins turn on 'World War,' you should be OK. The server won't really be in 'war' or any real 'battle' until a few weeks from now if the server is restarting because we would need time to gather our things. Starting a new life in The New World would probably be fun.

@awesom,
Maybe you should let people keep their money or just keep everything in their inventory when The New World begins again.

Mirrur

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Valken Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Mirrur wrote:
@awesom,
Maybe you should let people keep their money or just keep everything in their inventory when The New World begins again.

Restarting cleans player.dats
And when updating some stuff I'd imagine it would be too much wasted work/time to let us save stuff we can get in an hours time anyway... With factions money won't be needed as much.. the only real issue is people constantly killing each other while their out collecting resources for their own group, as I think everyone wants to be in one...

The_Valken

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Nosferatoon wrote:sounds like they arent taking towny seriously any more? do you really want a plugin that doesnt get updated on the server

Sounds like you were so obsessed with factions you couldn't see the "The towny developer is on vacation which doesn't happen often and is why towny is not updated" part of our little "argument" Razz

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanyZOMG Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:30 pm

If we end up starting a new world, I would appreciate it if a final render was taken so that all of our work isn't COMPLETELY forgotten. (seeing as how there has only been one render and I was told one would be taken 3x a week)

SwanyZOMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:45 am

lanuk wrote:
Sounds like you were so obsessed with factions you couldn't see the "The towny developer is on vacation which doesn't happen often and is why towny is not updated" part of our little "argument" Razz

Factions is better for these reasons;

Your faction is as good as how many people you have, whilst towny is as good as how much money you have.
The whole power level system to me makes sense because if you declare war you can mess stuff up without destroying their entire town.

Towny is basically a protective bubble so people can just sit there and mine all day and not worry about being killed. I think factions encourage more PvP and make it more interesting, do you really want to put towns as close together as they where on the old map if everyone can kill each other?
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacob_ Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 am

Nosferatoon wrote:
lanuk wrote:

Your faction is as good as how many people you have, whilst towny is as good as how much money you have.
The whole power level system to me makes sense because if you declare war you can mess stuff up without destroying their entire town.

Towny is basically a protective bubble so people can just sit there and mine all day and not worry about being killed. I think factions encourage more PvP and make it more interesting, do you really want to put towns as close together as they where on the old map if everyone can kill each other?

+1

I voted for factions. My previous server used it, and it was a lot of fun.

Jacob_

Back to top Go down

Post by Agnoscere Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:52 am

Nosferatoon wrote:
lanuk wrote:

tbh factions is a lot more fun. it makes the towns unsafe and makes me paranoid (which is better than just sitting around. so add 1 vote for factions!

and about the ban hammer thing awesom03 posted, i think if you were griefed or stolen from in a way that violates server rules, i think the victim has a right to voice their concern, and not be persecuted. just my opinion, but if it comes to the point where they become an obnoxious bitch, then maybe something can be done about it.

Agnoscere

Back to top Go down

Post by gangreen88 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

Factions and server re-boot sounds fine to me. Ill be unhappy to loose albion as it is but a new server means we can start building it again and im lost on minecraft if i dont have something to build. I'd also like to update to 1.4 and factions lets us do that. Fianly, ive encountered some quite frustrating towny glitches that make managing my town members really iritating and i would love for them to go away.

gangreen88

Back to top Go down

Post by lanuk Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Nosferatoon wrote:
lanuk wrote:

Yeah... but I thought we wanted that bubble as I have also mentioned in my post. When I asked the admins why we didn't have Towny, they said it was because the server would become too war-based and they wanted people to be able to do what they wanted... or something like that...

lanuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:40 pm

dude, we are factions now its all installed and there is no real point discussing this anymore. At what point has anyone said they wanted a peaceful server? besides from chernobyl it seems no one else has had a problem with stealing/pvp
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next