Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Factions - Claiming

2 posters

Go down

Should you allow claiming blocks?

Factions - Claiming I_vote_lcap57%Factions - Claiming I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
Factions - Claiming I_vote_lcap29%Factions - Claiming I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Factions - Claiming I_vote_lcap14%Factions - Claiming I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Factions - Claiming Empty Factions - Claiming

Post by Nosferatoon Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Hey, I was thinking earlier and I think there should be a limit on claiming land from other factions.

I think you should be able to take like a house and mess it up or whatever but not be able to claim entire towns, because it makes a lot of people mad and with good reason

So do you think we should allow it, put a limit on it or disallow claiming land altogether? I mean skirmishing is fun in itself, is there any need to destroy peoples shit?

Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Factions - Claiming Empty Re: Factions - Claiming

Post by I_Make_Things Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 am

I personally have always found the claiming system kind of flawed. I do think, however, that in a game such as minecraft, making things semi-indestructable is necessary. Perhaps a limit, perhaps a cooldown, perhaps a cost, or maybe the land should be "flagged" and if no other factions walk on it for 5 minutes it becomes claimed. I would probably lean towards the latter but I can't see it happening any time soon.

I think it needs limitations, but they should be aimed towards how quickly and absolutely you can claim land, just like the limitations there already are on quantity. But for now, I think we should lower the limit of claimed chunks a bit, to the point where people really need to consider it when starting a faction.

TL;DR. Just throwing around some ideas for claiming mechanics.
I_Make_Things
I_Make_Things

Back to top Go down