Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locked Chests That Don't Lock

4 posters

Go down

Locked Chests That Don't Lock Empty Locked Chests That Don't Lock

Post by Bike Man Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Just today, I was having a bit of fun finishing off the roof of a little skyscraper/hotel Kyle and i made. When I got back home, I found Nos walking around my house. I don't mind that part, as even I sometimes bust through a wall and put it back to explore a building, so I just left the doors unlocked. I fully understand the rules, especially that:

Stealing is allowed EVERYWHERE. So lock your chests!

The problem I'm faced with is that I locked my chests, and I'm rather confused to find that all but two in my house were locked by a non-town member, looted, and at the time nothing really done but a quick glance by thinking. At the very least, what I request is an adjustment of rules, if not further action being a return of what is mine and an unlocking of the chests. If Kyle or I invited you into his obsidian house, you'd notice every single chest had /cprivate bike_man mr_kapt typed and clicked onto them. In fact, if Minecraft had a digital bible, I'd swear on it that the chests were locked.

There are also plenty of other reasons why this whole thing could have been nobody's fault: Errors due to the game being in beta. This server tends to give my a black screen every once in a while, and on a previous server it never did. The server has crashed at least once, and not to mention several errors have led to a title screen. Heck, even the mcmmo plugin recently malfunctioned and led to everlasting giga drill and super breaker until an recv failed error stopped a bit of mining fun and reset it back. And the towny plugin has repeatedly blocked users from joining towns.

This lengthy of a request was written due to the large amount of time spent gathering the items, and the fact that I'm currently rendering our history day project for regional competitions and can't get on the server.
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Locked Chests That Don't Lock Empty Re: Locked Chests That Don't Lock

Post by awesom03 Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Thankyou for taking the time to write your thoughts and explain your situation.

Concerning the incident today, we have indeed changed the rules, as us the owners believed it was unfair that a non-town member could potentially lock a town members chest. As you can see the servers rules have been changed to accommodate this. Now it is illegal to do that. Unfortunately we will be unable to reimburse your items as it was indeed allowed at that time.

One thing that I would like to mention is another rule we have now implemented which goes along the lines of, 'the server rules permit griefing, stealing and killing. If this does not seem like something that you would like then I wouldn't recommend joining. And anyone complaining in an excessive way will be banned'.

What myself and the other owners believe may have occurred is a brief rollback which occurred after you locked your chests. Resulting in them staying unlocked. Unfortunately this is one of those situations where there was nothing for us to see it coming. Of course if we could've predicted something like this happening then we would've stopped it.

As for the other errors there isn't anything we can really do about that. Some of the plug ins we use can be very temperamental as they are in development stages. The plug ins towny and mcmmo that you mentioned both fit into this category. however we feel that even in the development stage, the improvement in gameplay far outweighs the minor bugs.

If you feel there is room for improvement concerning the server and it's plug ins then you are welcome to post anything in the suggestions topic. And if you feel there is anything else you want to say or ask, then I'll be very happy to read your posts and answer your questions.

Last of all apologies for any drama that may have upset you and Mr_kapt, myself and the other owners try to run a fun and fair server.
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bike Man Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Ok. I'll try and recuperate, it shouldn't take too long. Nos did PM an apology, and I hope we're on even terms. As long as he didn't post this sign I recently found, or it gets taken down.

Locked Chests That Don't Lock 2011-010
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatoon Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Bike Man wrote:Ok. I'll try and recuperate, it shouldn't take too long. Nos did PM an apology, and I hope we're on even terms. As long as he didn't post this sign I recently found, or it gets taken down.

Locked Chests That Don't Lock 2011-010

definatly wasnt me man, I swear on it
Nosferatoon
Nosferatoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bike Man Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Let's hope so.

On a side note, the lockette mod requires a sign to be placed by chests and then displays who's chest it is. Making signs can be annoying, but you can tell if it's locked or not without having to enter in a command.
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:05 am

Myself and the other owners discussed the prospect of installing Lockette and decided that LWC was preferable.
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by frankpetrov Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Bike Man wrote:Let's hope so.

On a side note, the lockette mod requires a sign to be placed by chests and then displays who's chest it is. Making signs can be annoying, but you can tell if it's locked or not without having to enter in a command.

Why not just lock them anyway? it doesn't matter who's it is once its locked. if it doesn't belong to someone, they cant get into it and don't need to be in it.

frankpetrov

Back to top Go down

Post by Bike Man Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:35 pm

frankpetrov wrote:
Why not just lock them anyway? it doesn't matter who's it is once its locked. if it doesn't belong to someone, they cant get into it and don't need to be in it.

If you read my post, I already locked them. Doesn't matter anyway, from what Kyle's currently voice chatting to me i think my entire house just was demolished. Time to smell the ashes.
Bike Man
Bike Man

Back to top Go down

Post by awesom03 Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 pm

As we have already told both of you, it was a broken plugin which caused fire to spread and thus burn your house down. We have apologised, however we feel that you should try to respect that these things occur and they aren't anyones fault.
awesom03
awesom03
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down